Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Farming PSA

Wow, I got chills. Seriously, this PSA views like a short film and stays with you long after it's done. So many of our families simply buy from the grocery store without one thought of where our food comes from. But everything we (should) eat is from a farm. Yet farmers are going bankrupt right and left. There is no support system for the smaller farms anymore. I wish I could say that this is a quick fix. It's not. Farming is a skill that takes a lot of hard work and a whole lotta cash. Many farmers go deep into debt simply to buy equipment needed and maintain it. Less and less people are willing to work that hard and fewer still have the pockets deep enough.

Even though I am just barely touching the surface, there are amazing foundations and organizations that are combating this problem. And remember to support your local farmers as much as possible each season. It's win win, because as your local economy get better, so does your health! :)



Speaking of local farms, my friend Jackie and I went to our local pumpkin patch. We had so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment